2012년 4월 25일 수요일

Different Kinds of Discriminations

  We are all different from the head to the feet. Our appearance, personality, height, weight, hobby,,
there are no people who has the same things with the others! Of course, twins can be but even, their personalities are different.. There's no same thing but the similarities. Because of this, we sometimes argue, fight, even discriminate. Then, what kinds of discrimination are there? There are many kinds of discrimination but I will confine in school because I am a student and I experienced it.
   First, Discrimination because of his physical weakness. I thinks this is the most common. When I was in elementary school, there were always bullyed, discriminated students. They had the same things. It is their HABITS. For example, when I was grade 2, there was a boy(I can't tell him as a my friend..) who used to eat runny nose. Sometimes, when we get a cold, we swallow runny nose so that we can breathe. But he was different. First, he blew his nose in order that runny nose can comes out.
Second, He blew his nose more so that it can reach to mouth through philtrum. At last, he ate it! I was really shocked at that time.. I thought that is what crazy person could do! He was not crazy at all. He was not bad student.. except eating it..  Because of that habit, he was discriminated until 14? more than that? although he quit eating it.
   Second, Finance. Of course, because life is not fair, there is a poor and rich. Usually, rich people can easily buy something expensive, and new. It can be a trend among group that he is in, and he show off to his friends, classmates. However, poor cannot buy those stuff because they should save the money. Then, they can't buy those although most of his friends or classmates have. I don't know why but people tend to ignore poor. So they usually ignore them. When it becomes severe, they discriminate people.. Actually, I was one of them.. When I was young, it was really popular to have a pencil case that has games such as basketball game, pinball and even electronic games. These were expensive compare to usual ones. Usual ones were about P100? but those had games were about P300~400. It is expensive till now. I made up my mind not to buy it because I thought it was not necessary! But, my friends started to buy it and it was rare not to have that kinds of pencil case. Although it was, I didn't buy it until my friends said ' why you don't have this pencil case? Are you a poor?' and stated to discriminated those who didn't have games pencil case. I was shocked... I had't thought that those who doesn't have game pencil case are poor. I was afraid of being discriminated so I bought it... I could watch them who didn't have it being discriminated.. ' He doesn't have this! He is probably poor.. Let us not play with him.' This was totally bullshit.. 
  The last, study. People who are good at studying tend to ignore who are not. To be honest, I did as well when I taught math to my friends who were my good  friends. I didn't mean but I said 'Don't you know this question? It is easy!!!' Something like this.. I said it unintentionally!! Fortunately, they told me that I tend to ignore them. And I realized that this is really super duper horrible thing that ignore people.. From then on, I have tried not to repeat again..
  There are the other discriminations that I didn't mention. As you can see, there are so many types of  discrimination. I am trying to not be included in the group of discriminating people. Although it is hard to remove discrimination, we should reduce it step by step.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기